Sunday, November 23, 2014

Overview week 8

This was a fun week with Grandparents in town.  Brian and I got to see Garth Brooks in concert!  He does not look or act like a guy who is 52 years old.  Trisha Yearwood only sang like 3 songs.  It felt more like a potty break for Garth than a headliner.  Garth Brooks was the first country CD Brian ever bought and when he did he bought the box set!  It was a very fun date even though we had to go to Greensboro to see him.  We like PNC much better.

Brian and I also received our black belts this week.  We tested for them back in May and received them on Saturday.  I am now a 2nd degree Taekwondo black belt and Brian is now a 1st degree Hapkido black belt.  in May of 2015 Laura will test for her 1st degree Hapkido, Christian will test for his 3rd degree Taekwondo, and Eric will test for his 1st degree Taekwondo.   They will receive their black betls a year from now.  Once Eric gets his black belt we will be a family of black belts!  

I am not looking forward to seeing what my stats are.  With last week going out of town for 4 days and eating out and this week having company I have not kept up my habits.  This week I was especially weak with no snacking.  I made peppermint bark brownies and they just kept calling out to me everytime I past the fridge.  I finally told my kids that I expected all the brownies to be eaten by the time we get back from Garth Brooks or I will be very disappointed!  They got right to it ;)  It is really hard keeping up with good habits when life gets in the way.  It is so easy to make the excuse and not adhere to your routine.  Now the hard part will be getting back into the habits.  It will be interesting with the holiday season upon us to see how easy it will be to keep these good habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment