Sunday, November 9, 2014

Overview of week 6

Well this was not a successful week exercise wise.  It is just so hard to get all this exercising in when you are so busy with four children.  I did go to Taekwondo and Hapkido 2x.  However, I did not get my sit ups or running in.  They just have not become a habit for me yet and so are easy to drop when things get busy.  I am thinking about just getting everything done on M, W, & F around noon so that I can have said that I did them and not be stressed about doing something physical everyday.  That might also help me get more things done on T, R, and Sat around the house.

I still was not successful with the water amount.  I am trying, but that is really a lot of water and hard to keep track if I did it.   I am so scattered brained.  Also this week we did a taste test of three different chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches and I am sure that was not good for weight ;)  Each recipe called for 2 sticks of butter.  It will be fun to see if my thighes are huge!  Of course I only ate a quarter of two cookies and then a whole cookie from the winning cookie and that was over two days.  But the winner is not only the winner in taste it just was so much simpler to make also.  Fun.  I love testing recipes against others.  We did that with the Buttermilk Pancake recipe too and the chicken enchiladas recipe.

My husband has been getting on to me ever since I started this blog that my blog is probably the only one out there in the whole world that has healthy in the title and then has cinnamon rolls or ice cream sandwiches for recipes.  I keep telling him, "The habits are healthy, not the recipes!"  So I updated my blog description to reflect that!

We feed the Sister Missionaries from our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  They asked me what my favorite scripture was and I said Psalms 37:4

 Delight thyself also in the Lordand he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

I loved that verse.  That was my favorite verse from before I joined the church when I was 21, and it continues to be my favorite verse.  I have never been led astray if I put the Lord first.  Even when I might be heading down the wrong path, He will always see me through and my feet land on the right path when I delight in Him.  What does delight mean to me, read your scriptures and apply them to your life.  It is that simple.  We read as a family and I read on my own.  I also put the conference Ensign in the bathroom so that I can read it when I am in there.  I am not perfect but I am trying to be more like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment